When traveling on a transatlantic flight it’s important that take into consideration certain tips to make it easier on you and your traveling companies, specially when traveling with kids. The flights are normally 9 to 12 hours and in some instances with stop overs along the way and it can be tiring and stressful if not handled properly.
- Get a very confortable neck pillow (shy away from the cheap ones and get a good one that will accommodate your head and neck.
- Bring in lots of entertainment activities for your kids: paint, reading, crossword puzzles and DVD players are great to keep the little ones entertained.
Try to avoid flights with many stopovers even if it means paying a little more, the least to spend on a plane the more time you have to enjoy your end destination.
- Keep your body exercised, by following some easy instructions (please see another blog post on which exercises are the best for you.
- Avoid coffee as it will interfere with your attempts to relax and have a good time.
- If you have food allergies or need specific food requirements, please ensure that you let them know prior to. Airlines are normally great in providing with that extra especial requirement.
- Bring in table board games for the adults, you will get bored if you don’t.
- If you are an avid reader, this is the perfect time to catch up in the latest book from your favorite author.